Rinder is a spontaneous date with earthly delights. This lush crush of juicy watermelon has a dark personality of spicy patchouli, fancy orris and cedar. Sweet enough to introduce to mom, but complex enough to keep you coming back.
Watermelon Rind Cucumber Cocktail
Watermelon rind base —
-½ cup Water
-¼ cup Granulated Sugar
-1 cup Watermelon Rind
-3 oz Watermelon Cucumber Rind Base
-2 oz Dry Gin
-2 oz Lime Juice
-Mint for garnish
1. In a small saucepan heat the sugar and water gently until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Carefully separate the green peel from the white rind with a knife
3. Add watermelon rind and cucumbers in a food processor and blend until completely smooth
4. Pass the watermelon/cucumber juice through a fine mesh strainer and discard the pulp
5. Combine the watermelon/cucumber juice with the room temperature sugar mixture
6. In a cocktail shaker combine the gin, lime juice, and watermelon cucumber base
7. Pour, serve with ice, and garnish with mint
Pickled Watermelon Rind
-1 lb watermelon rind
-¾ cup white vinegar
-¾ cup water
-¾ cup sugar
-4 teaspoons salt
-Peel of 1 orange
-½ tsp mustard seed
-½ tsp whole black pepper seed
1. Carefully separate the green peel from the white rind with a knife and cube into uniform 1-inch pieces. If you can leave a little red from the watermelon flesh on the edge of the rind because it makes for a pretty ombre effect on your pickles
2. In a medium saucepan heat vinegar, sugar, salt, and water until just boiling
3. Remove brine from heat and add spices
4. Add watermelon rind and orange peel to a sterilized jar and pour brine over until all the ingredients are submerged
5. Let pickles cool completely before refrigerating
Undyed coconut and beeswax blend with braided cotton wick, in glossy, transparent green glass tumbler. Comes in embossed matte green carton. Mint green label. 8.5 ounces (240g). 3.4 inches (8.6cm) tall. Roughly 50 hour burn time.
These candles won't self-care themselves. Learn about candle care here.